Happy St Patricks Day, Ya’ll! Don’t forget to wear something green! (smiles)
Now, for today’s thought…
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Is 41:10.
This is one of my favorite verses in the bible. It’s not a suggestion. It’s a command to live fearlessly. I know what you’re thinking. If a command was all it took to be free from fear, I would definitely be found obedient. But…it’s just not that simple. I’ve tried to hand my fear over to God and trust Him, but the problem is…I often take it back.
Does this sound like you? Me, too.
Then, with the help of John Piper, I discovered within this verse a divine support! God has given us 5 reasons or 5 supports that enable us to live free from fear. Check these out:
1. “For I am with you”—”Do not fear, for I am with you.”
2. “I am your God”—”Do not look anxiously about you, for I am your God.”
3. “I will strengthen you.”—“If you feel weak, I will strengthen you.”
4. “Surely I will help you.”—“You don’t have to do it alone. I will help you.”
5. “Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.”
Let’s reaffirm God’s divine support:
1. God is with me
2. God is my God
3. God will strengthen me
4. God will help me
5. God will uphold me
Hey, that’s support you and I can depend on. It’s the kind of support that enables us to fulfill God’s command to live fearlessly. In other words, the next time you’re afraid to speak your mind, take a stand, receive the diagnosis, go on the interview, start a family, move to another state, or simply say “yes” to God remember this…
1. Fear not . . . God is with you;
2. Fear not . . . God is your God;
3. Fear not . . . God will strengthen you;
4. Fear not . . . God will help you;
5. Fear not . . . God will uphold you.
I’m pleased to announce the winner of my new book, An Untroubled Heart, is Janice! Congrats, Janice!!
Thanks to everyone who entered. There will be more chances to win again soon!
Also, I want to thank those of you who have already shared how God has used my book to minister to you. I’m honored! Some of you have asked for prayer for yourself and others. Know that you have been prayed for. Others who have shared your worries, I pray that today’s thought will be a great support to you.
Until next time…peace be with you