I was sitting in the doctor’s office this morning thumbing through a magazine when I came across 10 ways to wake up beautiful. They caught my interest so I thought I would pass them along to my closest friends.
1. Wash Your Face: Okay, I admit it. If I wait until I’m really tired, sometimes I go to bed with my make-up on. According to this popular magazine, this is not just a bad-habit. It’s also bad for your complexion. Clean pours make for healthier skin in the morning.
2. Use A Good Night Cream: Since you don’t have to worry about your mascara running during the night because you’ve washed your face, go ahead and lather on the moisturizer! Don’t forget your neck, too!
3. Add Some Glow: If you want to wake to a glowing face, add a touch of self-tanner to your night cream. Hummm…I thought that was interesting.
4. De-frizz Your Hair: If you live in the South, then you know all about fizz! To help control the problem, sleep on a stain pillow chase OR wrap your hair in a silk scarf while you sleep. My husband’s gonna love that one!
5. Do The Wave: If you have long hair, twist it up with a hair scrunch while damp. In the morning, let your hair down and enjoy your wavy hair.
6. Go Smooth: For hard to manage hair, use an all night conditioner. In the morning, rinse and style your newly controllable hair.
7. Lose The Puff: Eat a high protein low fat dinner. Leave off the potatoes, rice, pasta and bread. Crabs tend to add puffiness to the face. (For me, they add puffiness all over!)
8. Sleep On Your Back: Your head weighs on average 6-7 pounds. That’s a lot of weight for your face to support during the night.
9. Make Gravity Your Friend: Sleep on two pillows or elevate your headboard 2-4 inches. Gravity keeps fluids and blood from settling in the wrong places.
10. Pop a Pill: I don’t normally push drugs, but this magazine proclaims that taking a natural vitamin such as Melatonin—what our bodies produce anyway– a few times a week makes for a good night sleep and a more beautiful morning.